It all begins with Bonjour!
A different language is a different vision of life.
- Federico Fellini
Welcome to the Alliance Française Reno, the official center of French language and francophone cultures serving the Greater Reno-Tahoe area. Having just been approved in January 2023, we will be the most recent and first Alliance Française of the 21st century founded in the United States and part of the 100+ AF chapters in the country, the largest network in the world.
Pardon My French!
WINTER ADULT CLASSES:
Online starting Weds. Nov. 29th -
5:30- 6:30 pm,
every Wednesday for 8 weeks
Starting Dec. 5th, 2023, for 4 wks. 5:30 - 6:30 pm, every Tuesday, except for Dec. 26th.
& COMING SOON!
- Sun, Dec 03Virginia City Highlands private homeDec 03, 2023, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM PSTVirginia City Highlands private homeDec 03, 2023, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM PSTVirginia City Highlands private homeCélébrons ensemble Les Fêtes de Fin d’Année 2023 ! Let's celebrate the Holidays together! Kindly hosted by Mavis and Jeff Leathley in their Virginia City Highlands home. RSVP MANDATORY BY NOV. 29! NO WALK-INS, NO EXCEPTIONS. Free to Alliance Française de Reno members. $10 for non-members.
- Thu, Dec 14RenoDec 14, 2023, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM PSTReno, Reno, NV, USA
- Sat, Nov 18ZoomNov 18, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PSTZoomNov 18, 2023, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PSTZoomIn commemoration of Proust on the anniversary of his death, November 18, we welcome Antoine Compagnon of the Académie française, who will be speaking with Fereshteh Priou from the Proust Society of Greenwich about two greats of French literature, Proust and Colette.
- Thu, Nov 30ZoomNov 30, 2023, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PSTZoom
- Mon, Nov 27ZoomNov 27, 2023, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM PSTZoom
What people are saying
Thank you for your submissions. We couldn't have done it without you
"Recently, in a time of need, I turned to the Alliance Francaise (AF) Reno for help and am that glad I did! For an upcoming trip I needed help figuring out the SNCF French passenger railroad system, and Josette of AF was very helpful. She spent a good deal of time on the phone with me, each of us consulting our computers trying to access the same train schedules. Ultimately, with her help, I found what I was looking for and booked my trip. I hadn't any prior experience with AF Reno, but am so glad it occurred to me to look for them. Among other things I learned that a main goal of AF is to help people like me with...well, any and all things French! For me, they achieved, even exceeded, that goal."
"Thank you so much for the great wine tasting event. It was a lot of fun and finally French was spoken..."
“I already attended 2 events and they were great: informative, entertaining, easy to follow. Still trying to make Chef Lenotre's Lemon Meringue Tart, but I'll get there! And the Secrets of Mastering French was very helpful.
There's something for everyone.
Merci Alliance Francaise de Reno for offering such an array of opportunities in person or online, and most importantly, for the entire family and friends. It's great to be able to share."
Walter F. Reno
Elena N. Incline Village
Tom M. Reno